Sunday, March 30, 2014

Week 3/24

1.  On you blog this week, discuss how each of the following tasks are on-going at your mentorship.  Answer each of the questions posed below:

Career Path:  If you wanted to follow in the career path of someone at your internship site, what would you need to do to make this happen?  (Tip – ask the person for advice and use this in your response.)
My mentor went to college, so I would probably go to an accredited college and major in business and ecology, biology, environmental science, or something of that sort. Since Elachee is a non profit, I would need knowledge of how to run non profit organization and how to manage money inflow and outflow, as well as field experience of taking care of nature. 

Workload:  How does the organization distribute the level of work among the staff?  How equitable do you believe the distribution is?

Each person at Elachee has specific jobs to do, however, those jobs can overlap. The level of work at Elachee is evenly distributed amongst the different workers, even if it is not one specifically tasked job. 

Tasks:  What types of tasks are you discovering that you enjoy or excel at completing?  Which ones are less attractive or fulfilling?

Most time when i work in the office, I do minor tasks like envelope stuffing, and when I am in the animal room, I help renew the animals' food and water. Most of the jobs I do are simple and routine, so that is what I am good at right now. If I was given the task of leading trails (if i had the time), I would love to excel at that. It really just depends on what they want me to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment